Box office: M-F, 9-5
71 State Street is the administrative office of the Philharmonic. Most concerts take place at the Forum Theatre, 236 Washington St, Binghamton.
The Binghamton Philharmonic’s mission is “Building Community through the Power of Live Music.” As the only professional symphony orchestra within 50 miles, the Philharmonic makes live music accessible to all through innovative, engaging, and affordable programming both in and out of the concert hall. The Philharmonic enriches the area’s cultural life by connecting professional musicians with audiences for collaborations, concerts, and educational programs that stimulate the economy and expand music’s possibilities for a broad constituency.
The Binghamton Philharmonic was founded by Fritz and Marianne Wallenberg in 1955 as the Community Symphony Society with the purpose of providing New York’s Southern Tier with live, full-scale orchestral works. Following Fritz Wallenberg’s 1976 retirement, the orchestra unionized, becoming fully professional. After its 1996 merger with BC Pops--an orchestra formed in 1974 by Russell Hawkes and David Agard--it expanded its reach as the Binghamton Philharmonic. By 2017, the orchestra updated its mission to “Building Community through the Power of Live Music,” adding social outreach to its artistic, cultural, and educational output.