DICK’S Sporting Goods is seeking a full-time Material Handler to join our distribution center team in Conklin for Shift 1B.
DICK’S Sporting Goods operates 5 state-of-the art Distribution Centers located in Atlanta, GA; Conklin, NY; Goodyear, AZ, Plainfield, IN (near Indianapolis); and Smithton, PA. Associates at our Distribution Centers are responsible for the final transportation of merchandise to the sales floor. Our critical team members literally “deliver” the DICK’S experience to our customers.
Material Handler Teammates at the DICK’S Sporting Goods Distribution Center are responsible the movement of merchandise from one functional area to another either manually or by operating power equipment within the Conklin Distribution Center.
Shifts for the Material Handler positions:
Shift 1B: Wednesday – Saturday, 6:30am – 5:00pm
Essential Functions of this position include:
- Performs unloading, loading, staging & warehousing of cartons, practicing safe & secure procedures & following proper material handling methods for maximum productivity
- Safely Operates manual and mechanical equipment according to procedures
- Completes all documentation neatly and accurately and reports any errors found to Department Supervisor
- Verifies purchase order, location numbers, case pack quantities and other information prior to receiving, picking or loading merchandise
- Must determine where pallets are to be placed in locations based on box size and product
- Practices safe and secure material handling methods and distributes merchandise properly in accordance with processing standards
- Performs spot checks of system to ensure merchandise is sorted properly
- Other duties as assigned
- Competitive Hourly Rate – $15.00 / hour
At DICK’S Sporting Goods, our goal is to be recognized by our customers as the number one sports and fitness specialty retailer for athletes and outdoor enthusiasts, through the relentless improvement of everything we do. Our formula for success is simple: we offer a wide selection of authentic sports, fitness and outdoor merchandise in a convenient, shopper-friendly environment.
As a leading omni-channel retailer, we make lasting impacts on communities through sport and activity. Year after year, our unwavering commitment to these principles has enabled DICK’S Sporting Goods to become a growing Fortune 500 company.
To watch Dick's Sporting Goods' Employer Spotight video and to learn more about the company click here.