Inside Sales Representative
Are you an up-and-coming sales professional, living in the greater Binghamton area, ready to advance your sales career with a global organization where you can “work hard, play hard” and truly make an impact?
As our Inside Sales Representative, you’ll be responsible for accelerating sales growth for our Watercraft and Camping brands across your assigned region - furthering our mission of getting more people outside to engage with the amazing awe of the great outdoors again and again.
We are looking for a person who has a fire in their belly and a desire to succeed, with passions both for selling and for outdoor recreation. Candidates should be self-starters with an entrepreneurial spirit, and be an adventurous, outgoing person with at least 2 years of sales/account management experience in a busy call center environment.
At Johnson Outdoors, home to some of the world’s most innovative and best-known outdoor recreation brands, we create amazing outdoor experiences - for adventurers, by adventurers. Old Town® brings over 100 years of passion and authentic understanding in kayaks and canoes to drive the next great innovations on the water. Go for the fun of it with Eureka!® tents, cooking stoves and camping gear, designed to deliver ease of use and complete comfort. Wildly versatile Jetboil® cooking gear lets you enjoy hot, reviving meals wherever adventure takes you.
We want people to get out and experience the great outdoors, and we create awesome gear to make sure people have the best experience possible - from launch to landing, and from planning and packing to breaking camp.
Check us out on www.oldtowncanoe.com, www.jetboil.com and www.eurekacamping.com, or find us on Instagram and Facebook!
If you’re driven, smart, someone who figures things out – and you’ve got a way with opening doors and building strong customer relationships – this is a fantastic opportunity to advance your career in sales! If you also love the challenge of working with both small and large business partners, and if you want to market innovative, versatile and impressive products that are industry leaders, then you might just have what it takes to be a part of Johnson Outdoors!
Get in touch with us today! Email us your resume and salary expectations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What you will be doing:
- You’ll set and crush sales goals: You’ll work closely with sales leadership to determine and set sales goals for your territory and assigned products lines. You’ll identify and cold call new prospects and sales leads to sell company products and increase profitable growth of the product line. You’ll research prospective companies and key players at businesses to understand their business needs, buying trends and customer demographics to ultimately increase the potential of a successful sale.
- Customers will value your expertise. You’ll be the person they remember and want to hear from again and again. You’ll effectively listen to customer perspectives, identify business needs, and provide education on products, product features and how JO products benefit their business. You’ll perform upselling and cross selling to consumers/customers, which includes but is not limited to new products, items released from backorder, replacements for discontinued items, special promotions, and closeouts.
- You’ll be the ultimate retailer partner: You’ll manage existing customer accounts to maintain positive relations, educate on product changes, proactively send out marketing, promotional and other information via mail and email, and address/resolve any customer issues or complaints. You’ll partner with internal teams as necessary to help solve customer issues.
What you need to succeed:
- At least an Associates’ degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field is preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of inside sales experience, consumer goods experience preferred. Minimum of 2-3 years of customer service support experience.
- Demonstrated ability to locate sales leads within target customers groups via independent research and phone solicitation skills.
- Proven communication skills to deliver sales presentations, using a clear, confident speaking voice and a friendly rapport with customers.
- An extroverted, customer-focused approach, with strong persuasive and negotiation skills.
- Flexible and creative in dealing with customers’ questions and obstacles while always representing the company in a positive light.
- Direct interest or engagement in camping, hiking, kayaking, fishing or canoeing.
- Demonstrated skills to self-motivate, independently prioritize work and manage time.
- Ability to meticulously keep documentation/records within CRM sales support tools.
A few pointers about our culture:
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation are in our bones! We authentically innovate trusted equipment that gets people out there.
- We are laser-focused on our consumers, and passionate about inspiring people to actively engage with the amazing awe of the outdoors again and again.
- We strive to create meaningful, healthy change in the world as individuals and as a family of brands.
- We value team members who are willing to wear many hats; who take personal initiative, anticipating what needs to be done, and figuring things out to make them happen; but who are also willing to ask help, to assist others and work together.
What you will receive:
- Share in the company’s success – Competitive base salary, with additional earning potential through our cash profit sharing and employee stock purchase plans.
- Find your work/life balance with generous paid time off and holiday benefits, health insurance and wellness plans.
- Further your career with training opportunities including our tuition assistance program.
- Plan for your future with our 401k with company match and deferred retirement contributions, Sons & Daughters Scholarship program, life and LTD insurance, employee stock purchase plan, and more.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at Johnson Outdoors (and all subsidiaries) without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. Johnson Outdoors is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please contact Human Resources at HRSpecialAccommodations@johnsonoutdoors.com to let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pre-employment drug test and background check required.