Area Sales Director
The area sales director works with retail or alternative care customers and prospects in a professional services consulting and selling role to demonstrate, implement, and manage Innovation’s offerings.
- Maintains and grows existing customer base by preparing business plans and sales strategies to identify and qualify prospects. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Identifying customer’s and prospect’s primary goals, objectives, and needs that could be satisfied via Innovation solutions to increase market share in your assigned territory.
- Prospecting for new sales via data mining, cold calling, networking, and following up on leads derived from trade shows, referrals, incoming calls, web, etc.
- Establishes rapport and maintains contact with pharmaceutical wholesalers to provide information on new products and/or services to promote sales, ensure customer satisfaction, and build lasting relationships.
- Attends all approved local and national trade shows, and required sales functions.
- Participates in sales forecasting and planning by assisting with development of effective marketing materials, presentations, closings, and attending team staff meetings.
- Regularly communicates to customer service, contracts, and engineering to ensure increased flow of customer and competitive information.
- Supports and maintains a fundamental understanding of other organizations and provides support as required.
- Maintains applicant tracking system.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to travel both nationally and locally up to 70% of the time.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management, employees, subcontractors, and customers.
- Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to interact directly and indirectly with IT support personnel, sales team, and customers (to include management and pharmacy personnel).
- Experience and familiarity with the pharmacy industry.
- Understanding of pharmacy management concepts and practices; inventory management experience; and established local and regional industry and/or customer contacts are desired.
- Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
The area sales director does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or related field.
- 5-7 years of progressive and successful experience in sales and/or marketing.
- Successful track record selling capital equipment, software, or professional services.