The Finance Manager, MLS Coordinator, and Supra Support job is a full-time position of the Greater Binghamton Association of REALTORS® staff, reporting to the Executive Officer. The individual in this position should have a thorough knowledge of GAAP and budgeting. They will also be responsible for all aspects of managing our Multiple Listing Service and Supra Lock Box system as well as answering phones and directing calls.
The Finance Manager, MLS Coordinator, and Supra Support is responsible for:
1. The efficient management of association accounting, financial record-keeping, and budgeting.
2. The administration of our Multiple Listing Service software, providing training and daily assistance to our membership using the software.
3. The management of our Supra Lock Box system and inventory of lock boxes.
Duties & Responsibilities
Responsibilities can vary, but some common duties include:
1. Finance Manager:
a. Accounts Payable: Processing vouchers and payment to vendors
b. Accounts Receivable: Recording invoices and incoming payments
c. Payroll: Maintaining accurate payroll records, including managing time sheets, employee benefits, pension calculations, and submissions to our payroll company
d. Budget Reports: Preparing annual operation and travel budgets
e. Finance Reports: Working with the Association Treasurer and Executive Officer to prepare monthly finance reports for presentation to the Board of Directors
f. Tax Preparation: Assists CPA with preparation of annual Income Tax filing documentation and quarterly filing of estimated tax payments
g. Sales Tax: Calculations and quarterly filings
h. Other Finance-related functions as necessary
2. MLS Coordinator:
a. Responsible for the administration of our Multiple Listing Service (MLS) software (Matrix)
b. Provides training and assistance to Membership on the operation of the Multiple Listing Service
c. Serves as the liaison for the MLS Committee and the software provider
d. Provides help desk service for the MLS
3. Supra Support:
a. Assigning Supra e-keys and Supra Lock Boxes to Membership
b. Providing training and assistance to Membership on the operation of Supra products
c. Maintaining Lock Box Records
The successful candidate must possess a thorough knowledge of GAAP (Generally accepted accounting principles), and have both an accounting background and extensive budgeting experience.
This person should have internet expertise and be computer savvy, especially with respect to accounting software, Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook(e-mail), and Adobe Acrobat. In addition, the candidate must also be well-organized, able to “multi-task”, possess excellent interpersonal skills, be able to work well and courteously with a wide variety of Association Membership and Staff.
A working knowledge of real estate transactions, as well as experience with Multiple Listing Service Software would be of great benefit to the candidate.
Education & Training
- Education: Bachelor's degree in accounting/finance is preferred, consideration will be given to candidates with an Associates degree in accounting with sufficient, relevant work experience.
- Training: On-the-job training will be provided for our Multiple Listing Service software, industry specific association management and accounting software.
Skills & Competencies
You'll need several essential qualities to succeed in this position.
- Computer and software skills: You should be skilled in using accounting software, Microsoft Office, email, and the internet.
- Multitasking skills: You should be able to juggle several demands at once.
- Verbal and written communication skills: These are essential. You should have a solid command of the English language and possess good proofreading skills.
- Interpersonal skills: You'll be working with others, including membership, association leadership, and other office personnel. Good manners and a calm demeanor can be very important.
- Organizational skills: You must be detail-oriented and organized, able to locate a document or recall protocol at a moment's notice, or know where to find the information quickly.
- Decision-making skills: You'll often find yourself handling several tasks almost simultaneously, so you should be able to prioritize and make time-effective decisions.
This is a full-time position during normal business hours of 8:30 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday. The nature of the business may require occasional attendance at various association functions outside of normal business hours.
This Full-time position includes a benefits package including paid holidays, paid vacation and personal time, optional health and paid life insurance (waiting period may apply), as outlined in the Employee Handbook and the Policy Document.