Clinical Psychologist or “R” LCSW Social Worker
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Doctoral degree in psychology or Masters in Social Work from an accredited educational institution.
- “R” Certification, Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Minimum two years’ experience in human services field / prefer OPWDD experience.
- Excellent verbal, written and active listening skills.
- Excellent organizational & time management skills.
- Knowledge of all appropriate ethical, professional, and legal standards.
- Understands and respects the unique needs of children and their families.
- Knowledge of the NYS Department of Health (DOH), NYS education Department and NYS Office of People with Developmental Disabilities (OPWDD) systems.
- Knowledge of diagnostic and treatment services including occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech therapy, and special education.
- Knowledge of human behavior and performance; individual differences in ability, personality, and interests.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Strong collaboration skills.
- Exceptional problem solving skills, including a proactive approach to problem solving and the ability to make quick and independent decisions in response to changing conditions.
- Demonstrates motivation to augment current level of knowledge and practice through participation in continuing education courses.
- Demonstrates energy and enthusiasm for working with children and adults.
- Demonstrate appropriate/professional interpersonal skills with agency personnel, children, and their families
- Valid NYS Driver’s license.