Performs inspections and sets quality assurance testing models for analysis of materials, materials in process, and finished products.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Inspection and Test / Receiving Inspection, Assembly , Final Test:
• Perform visual and dimensional inspection and test of incoming materials, assembly and final system materials using visual and mechanical measurement equipment • Perform basic electrical test using in-house test equipment and meters
• Update databases, complete appropriate documentation and report disposition status to management Return to Vendor:
• Coordinate Return To Vendor actions including product handling and shipment preparations
• Update and maintain database and ensure quality documentation completion including verbal, electronic and hardcopy supplier and internal communication
• Coordinate root cause and corrective action system for RTV activity Support of Quality Programs:
• Perform in-process test data collection, R/I and RTV database update, data analysis and basic failure analysis, quality system audit performance and all reporting requirements
• Implement and perform quality improvement activities Computer Software Licensing Coordination:
• Perform administrative coordination duties including S/W license file, updating and maintaining database and file system, reviewing and determining appropriate licensing, and bringing discrepancies and improvements to managements General Quality Assurance Activities:
• Prepare ETL audit, coordination and reporting
• Perform Trend Analysis utilizing SQL, MAX Exact and Access data system and other special projects as directed by management.
• Develop flow charts, processes and procedures to clearly define system and processes for consistent and adequate business operations and make recommendations for improvements.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to read and understand blueprints, schematics and other similar layouts.
• Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
• Ability to gather data, create, compose, and edit written materials and reports
• Ability to process computer data and to format and generate reports.
• Excellent attention to detail.
The Quality Technician – Inspection and Test does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Possession of an Associates Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering and one to two years of experience in quality assurance-auditing. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES AND SOFTWARE USED:
Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to utilize a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator. Be familiar with Measurement systems and Test equipment, such as: Micrometer, Digital Calipers, Microscope with micrometer measurement, CMM, Gage Blocks, Height Gage, Vernier, basic electrical test, programmed mechanical and electrical test. Computer Software: Ability to Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Viso, SQL Query and Database, MAX Exact ERP
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Close mental and visual attention required for controlling machines or processes at a rapid pace requiring close coordination and fine adjustment.
PHYSICIAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to reach, sit, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, use fingers, grasp, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions. Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
None: There is no exposure to adverse environmental conditions (such as in a typical office or administrative work).