Eastern Staffing & Recruiting is seeking a Quality Control Technician in Binghamton, NY to perform the incoming inspection process, coordinating and performing rework, repair, configuration and validation testing. Inspect incoming inventory against inspection procedures and validation test plans.
DUTIES AND DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Incoming inspection of newly built products including the ability to perform layout inspections by measuring dimensions, such as length, height, and distance between reference points using precision instruments.
- Able to visually compare work pieces against one another to assess/detect manufacturing variations in processes.
- Intermediate to advanced FAI, FAR, PPAP abilities.
- Strong computer, reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to understand quality standards and gauging.
- Strong communication skills including exchanging information with co-workers and working as part of a team.
- Able to locate reference point(s) on part and measure dimensions such as angle, arc, and radii, using combinations of aids, such as surface plate parallel bars, angle plates, gauge blocks, plug pins, V blocks, sine bars, and precision measuring instruments.
- Maintain inspection files that include inspection procedures and inspection logs.
Eastern Staffing & Recruiting is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veterans’ status or any other legally protected basis.