Eastern Staffing & Recruiting is recruiting for a Buyer/Planner in the Binghamton area! This position will be responsible for the procurement, planning, and facilitation of timely deliveries for goods and services of their customers.
- Plan and schedule materials and manufacturing to meet the customer’s requirements.
- Communicate frequently with suppliers and departments to ensure effective execution.
- Access and evaluate customer purchase order expectations prior to acceptance to ensure expectations can be met.
- Enter customer purchase order requirements into ERP/MRP system to include customer requirements.
- Facilitate purchase order acceptance, procurement, and delivery activities with sourced sub-tier suppliers.
- Manage and facilitate correspondence with both organizational customers and sub-tier suppliers regarding order confirmations, order modification, cancellations, order status, shipment, and delivery updates.
- Communicate and support the organization by collecting and providing accurate data, measurements, and reports.
- Work directly supporting departments pertaining to problem resolutions, corrective measures, and RMA processes.
- Works directly with the accounting department to help resolve invoice issues and payment discrepancies. Responsible for all invoicing issues.
- Associates Degree is preferred but not required. Equivalent experience is also highly regarded.
- 2+ years of Buying/Purchasing experience.
- Proficient with computer operations along with ERP, MRP, and MS Office products.
- Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients, vendors, and team members.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work independently.
This position is a contract to hire position.
Qualified candidates, please apply. Thank you for your interest in our position!
Eastern Staffing & Recruiting is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veterans’ status or any other legally protected basis.