UiPath Robotic Process Automation Developer
Summary: Under direction of the BP Technical and Data Analysis Manager, focuses on all data processing functions relating specifically to modeling and developing out robotic process automation (RPA) during the project development stage. Responsible for thorough testing and complete documentation of all RPA solutions. Evaluates and modifies existing RPA software as required and ensures completeness and accuracy of testing those solutions and their documentation. Documents, evaluates and updates developer standards around RPA best practices. Works with Process Owners on business “process re-engineering” through RPA. Manages and assists in implementation of business process re-engineering and Business Performance projects. Re-engineering will involve review of all enterprise-wide processes to streamline, reduce inefficiency and improve member service. Works closely with BP Technical and Data Analysis Manager and other Business Performance staff on project re-engineering review and makes recommendation(s) to department’s heads for implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities align with Visions Federal Credit Union and are subject to reform at-will of the company. Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to design, build, program, test and deploy Robotic Process Automation (RPA) software solutions using an Agile/DMAIC methodology. Responsible for working within a fast-paced environment working as part of a team to design, build, and support RPA applications for our clients.
- Analyze new and existing systems and make recommendations to the Business Performance management on methods and techniques to be used. Upon approval of the BP Technical and Data Analysis Manager and Director of Business Performance, assumes the responsibility to carry out RPA software development and enhancement utilizing RPA solutions, ensuring that thorough testing occurs, data integrity is maintained, and documentation standards are strictly adhered to.
- Work with clients and senior developers to execute RPA initiatives by analyzing and design process workflows, building, testing and implementing RPA solutions and ensuring quality of the system.
- Assist clients and managers in the construction of Business cases and opportunity identification efforts to support the further adoption of RPA solutions throughout the organization.
- Manage cross-functional projects to implement Business Performances and RPA efficient solutions.
- Lead, mentor and motivate teams in the execution of day-to-day tasks and in the development of their RPA skills and abilities
- Document and evaluate Credit Union core business processes, enabling and governing processes and sub-processes.
- Work as an advisor to other departments conducting business process analysis and evaluation.
- Researche IT systems, Symitar infrastructure, and other analysis tools to be used in process re-engineering and Business Performance initiatives and makes recommendations to Senior Management.
- Participate in trainings to enhance skills and abilities in RPA, including tools and best practices.
- Participate in all required and recommended training including, but not limited to, Bank Secrecy Act training (BSA) and demonstrates attained knowledge. Actively pursues and satisfactorily completes development plans, such as LEAN, Hammar, Six Sigma, Project Management, Efficiency, etc.
- Adhere to all Credit Union policies, procedures, and regulatory agency requirements including, but not limited to, training activities. Embrace and apply the Credit Union’s mission, vision and core values to all activities and responsibilities. Support the Credit Union’s initiatives by demonstrating teamwork and professionalism.
- Performs additional duties and special projects as assigned. Must maintain proficiency in:
o Building Strategic Work Relationships; Member Focus; Decision Making; Planning and Organizing; Adaptability; Technical/Professional Knowledge; Work Standards
- Ability to design technical specification documentation for RPA Projects; able to create a complete technical architecture for RPA projects making sure the architecture is extensible and scalable
- Thorough understanding of technology, quality tools and process design; think “creatively” when formulating enhancements to existing processes; able to discover and fix errors in code; advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Minitab.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner.
- All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our mission and core competencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Standard Essential Physical Functions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Daily requirements may include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to stand/walk as needed, sitting for majority of day.
- Able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity for working with papers, files, various office machines, keyboarding, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Due to the nature of this role in dealing with senior management and employees on an on-going basis, the position requires (and is not limited to):
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Efficient time management and organizational skills; Flexibility (able to adapt to changing environment)
- Certification as a RPA developer/architect is a plus. Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Minitab.
- Positively communicate with diverse employee population while providing excellent customer service
- Advanced computer and math skills, adherence to confidentiality, detail-oriented
Education & Experience: We pride ourselves in our advocacy for education, growth, and opportunity for experience at Visions Federal Credit Union. This position would minimally require:
- Undergraduate degree in systems program engineering, technology and/or relevant professional certificate(s).
- Minimum 1-2 years of demonstrable experience in programming (including scripting /coding), SQL and relational databases, and\or application development. One-year experience with one or more Robotic Process Automation technologies (e.g. UiPath, Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism) or “Certified RPA Developer/Architect” in RPA is a plus.
- Experience with one or more RPA technologies (e.g. Automation Anywhere, Blue Prism, UiPath highly desirable.
- Experience with Process Analysis, Design, and Implementation, Business and Technical requirements, Problem-Solving, and System(s) Testing, including UAT and Bug fixes
- Symitar engineering or other Financial Industry Core platform engineering experience is a plus
- Quality and/or Lean Six Sigma experience preferred.
Usual Work Environment/Equipment Used: This position operates in a professional office environment, with expectation to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, PCs, Microsoft Office, etc.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required to perform work. Management retains the right to add or remove responsibilities at its discretion. The above job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Visions FCU may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Employees are equally subjected to all policies and procedures of the company per the employee handbook.
EEOC & Affirmative Action Statement: Equal Employment Opportunity for all persons is a fundamental goal and policy of Visions Federal Credit Union. Visions recognizes and reaffirms Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, New York’s Human Rights Law and Credit Union regulations that there shall be no discrimination against qualified applicants or employees on the basis, of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, handicap, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law. It is the duty of Visions Federal Credit Union to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To watch Visions' Employer Spotight video and to learn more about the company click here.