Position Purpose/Summary: The ServiceNow Developer is responsible for architecting and implementing ongoing ServiceNow solutions across the enterprise. This individual is responsible for applying high levels of expertise against ServiceNow implementations of ITSM, ITOM and ITBM and associated modules and functionality. This subject matter expert will develop, test and integrate custom object-oriented solutions to meet enterprise needs when out of the box functionality is not an option. The ServiceNow Developer will be highly visible to the business and will maintain working relationships will all areas of the business to develop high functioning, cross-departmental solutions through ServiceNow. This individual will develop a framework that prioritizes end-user UI/UX and highly optimized and effective backend functionality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities align with Visions Federal Credit Union and are subject to reform at-will of the company. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists in the process of architecting the ServiceNow platform so that it balances leveraging out-of-the-box configurations with customization development where appropriate to minimize upgrade risk while maximizing development velocity.
- Develops no-code, low-code and object-oriented solutions to meet the often broad and technologically complex nature of enterprise deployments.
- Monitors the health, usage and performance of the enterprise deployment of ServiceNow.
- Works to identify, implement and support opportunities for relevant technology integrations with the ServiceNow platform.
- Creates workflows that support cross-departmental processes.
- Develops and customizes dashboards and reports through ServiceNow as required by lines of business.
- Strategizes and executes how the platform can be made securely and easily accessible to the entire organization, with particular attention and expertise given to UI development in support of simplified and effective end-user experiences. Builds and maintains a highly-functional and effective Service Portal.
- Works with product owners to integrate via API technology solutions to further enhance the use of ServiceNow and ancillary services.
- Responsible for gathering process requirements from the business, developing working and technically sound best-practice solutions, and presenting those solutions back to the business in an audience-specific and consumable manner.
Standard Essential Physical Functions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Daily requirements may include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to stand/walk as needed, sitting for majority of day.
- Able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds; may be required to climb, stoop, bend.
- Manual dexterity for working with papers, files, various office machines, keyboarding, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Minimal travel may be required for this position
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Maintains strong expertise regarding the ServiceNow change management database (CMDB).
- Expertise with the following ServiceNow modules and functions:
- IT Service Management (ITSM) including Problem Management, Incident Management, Knowledge Management, Service Catalog, Change/Release Management, Service Level Management, Surveys/Assessments, and Service Portal
- IT Operations Management (ITOM) including Discovery
- IT Business Management (ITBM) including Project and Portfolio Management
- Asset Management
- Maintains current knowledge on all ServiceNow products and solutions to match against business needs.
- Experience with programming/scripting and/or reverse engineering the following:
- Angular JS/HTML/CSS/AJAX knowledge
- Experience with Business Rules, Script Includes, UI Actions, Scheduled Jobs.
- Strong understanding of ServiceNow licensing and implications on licensing with the expansion of the solution throughout the enterprise.
- Ability to recognize opportunities for integrating ServiceNow solutions into business processes to maximize efficiency and accuracy in processes.
- Proficiency in the area of ServiceNow system administration and the configuration of ServiceNow instances.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Efficient time management and organizational skills; Flexibility (able to adapt to changing environment)
- Public speaking skills in support of delivering audience-tailored messages
- Positively communicates with diverse employee population while providing excellent customer service
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage a substantial workload
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities. Problems encountered can require a high level of technical expertise.
Education & Experience: We pride ourselves in our advocacy for education, growth, and opportunity for experience at Visions Federal Credit Union. This position minimally requires an Associate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or another related field, however a Bachelor’s degree is preferred. The ideal candidate will be certified in all or at least one of the following: ServiceNow Certified Systems Administrator (CSA), Certified Implementation Specialist (CIS), and/or Certified Application Developer (CAD). At least 2 years of experience in the administration and ongoing development of a large, enterprise wide ServiceNow implementation. The ideal candidate will have prior experience in the successful ground-up buildout of a ServiceNow implementation that implemented many ServiceNow modules.
Usual Work Environment/Equipment Used: This position operates in a professional office environment, with expectation to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, PCs, Microsoft Office, etc.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required to perform work. Management retains the right to add or remove responsibilities at its discretion. The above job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Visions FCU may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Employees are equally subjected to all policies and procedures of the company per the employee handbook.
EEOC & Affirmative Action Statement: Equal Employment Opportunity for all persons is a fundamental goal and policy of Visions Federal Credit Union. Visions recognizes and reaffirms Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, New York’s Human Rights Law and Credit Union regulations that there shall be no discrimination against qualified applicants or employees on the basis, of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, handicap, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law. It is the duty of Visions Federal Credit Union to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To watch Visions' Employer Spotight video and to learn more about the company click here.