Human Resource Manager
Position Purpose/Summary: Leads the HR efforts and operations organization wide, and regularly assesses opportunities to enhance HR processes and employee experience. Collaborates with Management team to determine areas for development and to enact changes. Oversees functional areas of Human Resources including Payroll, Benefits, and other operational functions.
*Supervises: HR Specialists
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities align with Visions Federal Credit Union and are subject to reform at-will of the company. Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees day to day functions of Human Resources department, including benefits administration, payroll, reporting, and Wellness. Ensures that processes are occurring appropriately and supports specialists in fulfilling their roles and overcoming challenges. Drives goal attainment.
- In conjunction with AVP, consistently positions Human Resources as a Strategic partner and makes recommendations for organizational changes and updates as appropriate
- Acts as a driver for employee engagement at Visions. Facilitates annual employee engagement survey and interprets results in conjunction with vendor. Advises on appropriate action steps to address concerns and facilitate optimal employee engagement. Counsels managers related to Engagement and contributes to employee engagement committee.
- With direction from AVP, explores, recommends and updates strategic initiatives such as Succession Planning, Leadership Development, etc.
- Acts as a member of the management and leadership team at Visions. Collaborates with colleagues and participates on and chairs committees as directed.
- Manages relationship with HRIS vendor, and other key vendors. Ensures that contractual obligations and compliance standards are being met and intervene as needed. Assists team with addressing questions or concerns.
- Oversees payroll and tax processes. Ensures that payrolls are completed in a timely and accurate fashion, as well as tax remittance. Assists with troubleshooting as needed.
- In concert with Benefits and Leave Specialist, regularly reviews benefit offerings and makes recommendations for changes to enable cost control, employee satisfaction with benefits, and optimal employee experience. Assesses and understands needs of employees and collaborates with broker, carriers and team to explore all options for mandatory and supplemental benefits. Communicates changes and updates to all stakeholders.
- Oversees organization wide wellness program; ensures buy in and support is occurring among managers and recommends strategies for increasing participation. Collaborates with team members to conduct research and craft recommended development opportunities for the wellness program.
- As part of the Retirement Plan Committee, regularly reviews options for the 401k Plan. Assesses vendor performance and facilitates RFP or other reviews as appropriate. Drives employee engagement and communication to ensure maximum participation.
- Remains up to date on changes to health care legislation, and the organization’s responsibilities. Collaborates with all parties to ensure compliance.
- Conducts periodic benefits/salary comparisons and surveys as requested. Examines workforce trends regarding employment benefits and compensation practices. Collects data for Salary Administration Program as needed.
- Facilitates and monitors Human Resource audits for all benefit plans, collaborates with AVP and Employee Relations Manager on other audits as needed.
- Directs the maintenance of the personnel records systems
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Standard Essential Physical Functions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Daily requirements may include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to stand/walk as needed, sitting for majority of day.
- Able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds; may be required to climb, stoop, bend.
- Manual dexterity for working with papers, files, various office machines, keyboarding, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Due to the nature of this role in dealing with senior management and a diverse group of employees on an on-going basis, the position requires (and is not limited to):
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Efficient time management and organizational skills; Flexibility (able to adapt to changing environment);
- Proven leadership skills
- Ability to use and/or learn variety of software as required for job/position
- Positively communicate with diverse employee population while providing excellent customer service • Understanding of and adherence to confidentiality; must be detail-oriented
Usual Work Environment/Equipment Used: This position operates in a professional office environment, with expectation to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, PCs, Microsoft Office, etc.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required to perform work. Management retains the right to add or remove responsibilities at its discretion. The above job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Visions FCU may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Employees are equally subjected to all policies and procedures of the company per the employee handbook.
EEOC & Affirmative Action Statement: Equal Employment Opportunity for all persons is a fundamental goal and policy of Visions Federal Credit Union. Visions recognizes and reaffirms Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, New York’s Human Rights Law and Credit Union regulations that there shall be no discrimination against qualified applicants or employees on the basis, of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, handicap, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law law. It is the duty of Visions Federal Credit Union to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To watch Visions' Employer Spotight video and to learn more about the company click here.