Cyber Network Engineer
Position Purpose/Summary: Architect, manage and deploy security hardware and software, including firewalls and intrusion detection systems. Measure effectiveness of defense-in-depth architecture against known vulnerabilities. Manage site-to-site and remote access VPN connections. Collaborate to design and deploy enterprise Data Leakage Prevention (DLP) security solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities align with Visions Federal Credit Union and are subject to reform at-will of the company. Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Architect, manage, deploy and test dedicated cyber defense hardware and software solutions, including NGFW, IDS/IPS and WAF.
- Perform system administration of site-to-site and remote access VPN connections to include installation, configuration, maintenance, backup and restoration.
- Facilitate continuous improvement by conducting periodic firewall rule set review, making recommendations that support a strong cybersecurity posture and standardization.
- Thorough knowledge of: computer networking concepts and protocols, and network security methodologies; best practices, cybersecurity principles, threats and vulnerabilities, specific operational impacts of cybersecurity lapses.
- Working knowledge of: VPN security, IDS/IPS tools and applications; DLP security solutions; risk management processes; laws, regulations, policies as relate to cybersecurity.
- Apply network security architecture concepts including topology, protocols, components, and principles; perform network traffic analysis.
- Adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner.
- All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our mission and core competencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Standard Essential Physical Functions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Daily requirements may include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to stand/walk as needed, sitting for majority of day.
- Able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds; may be required to climb, stoop, bend.
- Manual dexterity for working with papers, files, various office machines, keyboarding, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Due to the nature of this role in dealing with senior management and employees on an on-going basis, the position requires (and is not limited to):
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Efficient time management and organizational skills; Flexibility (able to adapt to changing environment)
- Ability to use and/or learn variety of software as required for job/position
- Positively communicate with diverse employee population while providing excellent customer service
- Advanced computer and math skills, adherence to confidentiality, detail-oriented
Education & Experience: We pride ourselves in our advocacy for education, growth, and opportunity for experience at Visions Federal Credit Union. This position would minimally require a degree Information Security or related discipline, and/or related combination of demonstrated skills and experience. Advance Network Security certifications, as administered by Cisco or Palo Alto preferred. Minimum five years’ experience (Credit union or financial industry preferred).
Usual Work Environment/Equipment Used: This position operates in a professional office environment, with expectation to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, PCs, Microsoft Office, etc.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required to perform work. Management retains the right to add or remove responsibilities at its discretion. The above job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Visions FCU may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Employees are equally subjected to all policies and procedures of the company per the employee handbook.
EEOC & Affirmative Action Statement: Equal Employment Opportunity for all persons is a fundamental goal and policy of Visions Federal Credit Union. Visions recognizes and reaffirms Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, New York’s Human Rights Law and Credit Union regulations that there shall be no discrimination against qualified applicants or employees on the basis, of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, handicap, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law. It is the duty of Visions Federal Credit Union to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To watch Visions' Employer Spotight video and to learn more about the company click here.