Customer Service Representative
Johnson Outdoors is seeking candidates for an open customer service position supporting our Sales Managers, dealers, sales reps and the end-users for our Jetboil and Eureka brands. This role is responsible for internal sales support including order fulfillment, scheduling, product availability and pricing and communications; and external support for our consumers including technical/warranty assistance.
At Johnson Outdoors, home to some of the world’s most innovative and best-known outdoor recreation brands, we create amazing outdoor experiences - for adventurers, by adventurers.
Go for the fun of it with Eureka!® tents, cooking stoves and camping gear, designed to deliver ease of use and complete comfort. Wildly versatile Jetboil® cooking gear lets you enjoy hot, reviving meals wherever adventure takes you. We want people to get out and experience the great outdoors, and we create awesome gear to make sure people have the best experience possible from planning and packing to breaking camp.
Check us out on www.eurekacamping.com and www.jetboil.com,or find us on Instagram and Facebook!
What you will do:
- Provide world-class support to customers and end-users in a busy call-center environment , via incoming phone, e-mails, faxes and online support.
- Handle consumer complaints in professional manner and in accordance with policy/procedure. All inquiries should receive a response within 24 hours of receipt.
- Order Entry : Input and expedite dealer and consumer orders into computer database within 24 hours of receipt. CSR’s are responsible for all aspects of order accuracy including but not limited to address, terms, carrier, pricing/commissions, order status, and product availability. Monitor and provide accountability for order completion through daily reporting .
- Accurate and timely set up or modification of service repair authorization transactions within policy guidelines. Organization and consistent follow-through is needed to support seasonal turnaround deadlines. Strong communication and coordination with other departments (i.e. repairs/parts) will ensure customer satisfaction.
- Post outgoing mail daily and prepare FedEx shipments as needed. Sort and distribute incoming CSR mail.
- Maintain address book database. Research and process credits and charge backs in a timely manner within policy and company procedures.
- General filing and other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Off-season projects will be assigned and required – This may include customer service surveys, process improvement assistance, etc.
- Two-year degree or equivalent preferred.
- Previous customer service call center experience - non-retail preferred.
- Ability to function, often under pressure, without continuous supervision.
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Familiarity with JDE and Data Warehouse software systems a plus.
- Possess excellent verbal communication skills.
A few pointers about our culture :
- Entrepreneurial spirit and innovation are in our bones! We authentically innovate trusted equipment that gets people out there.
- We are laser-focused on our consumers, and passionate about inspiring people to actively engage with the amazing awe of the outdoors again and again.
- We strive to create meaningful, healthy change in the world as individuals and as a family of brands.
- We value team members who are willing to wear many hats; who take personal initiative, anticipating what needs to be done, and figuring things out to make them happen; but who are also willing to ask help, to assist others and work together.
What you will receive:
- Find your work/life balance with generous holiday and vacation benefits, health insurance and wellness plans.
- Share in the company’s success with our cash profit sharing and employee stock purchase plans.
- Further your career with training opportunities including our tuition assistance program.
- Plan for your future with our 401k with company match and deferred retirement contributions, Sons & Daughters Scholarship program, life and LTD insurance, and more.
Johnson Outdoors Gear is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Pre-employment background check required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
We are following all New York State Forward precautions including: reduced staff onsite, employees working from home where possible, mask usage, social distancing, staggered schedules and extensive cleaning/disinfecting protocols.