Risk Mitigation Systems Administrator
Position Purpose/Summary: Responsible for updating, maintaining, and testing risk mitigation systems and related systems. Must be able to interpret compliance and regulation in relation to various systems, processes, and procedures. Must be able to interpret and communicate the effects of compliance and regulation to the necessary interested parties. Maintain elevated privileges to administer software privileges and rights according to policy while limiting unnecessary risk. In addition, the Risk Mitigation Systems Administrator will establish and implement best practices and innovative solutions to ensure appropriate systems automation and compliance guidelines. The Risk Mitigation Systems Administrator will work closely with appropriate personnel and third parties to determine action steps and develop processes to meet business objectives and compliance and mitigation goals/timelines. This position provides detailed documentation, implementation plans, and strategies to ensure system adoption for monitoring and management reporting. A specialty skill position that is often exposed to highly sensitive and confidential information and contentious situations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities align with Visions Federal Credit Union and are subject to reform at-will of the company. Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Design, test, implement, maintain, and evolve through system automation tools and continuous system updates.
- Implement and maintain appropriate system monitoring tools to ensure compliance and fraud mitigation.
- Work closely with project stakeholders to understand system requirements/enhancements and their impact on policy, procedure, and training.
- Produce and maintain appropriate process flow documentation and supporting procedural documentation on all applicable systems.
- Validate integrity of systems to ensure compliance and fraud mitigation with applicable laws, regulations, guidelines, best business practices and trends.
- Resolve any member, employee, or third-party issues in a timely manner.
- Contributes to all compliance audits by internal auditors, external auditors, examiners, etc.
- Maintain accurate files, investigations, records, research and retention of risk mitigation systems and functions.
- Implement process improvements in relation to risk mitigation systems – more intuitive workflows and deeper integration with third party providers.
- Maintain all procedures pertaining to usage of enterprise risk mitigation systems.
- Update policy manuals at the direction of the Department Manager/Manager of Risk Mitigation.
- Validates CIP, CDD, EDD, High Risk, Common Point of Compromise and BSA and Fraud Trends, process changes, and their corresponding effects in relation to enterprise risk mitigation systems.
- Fully operate related/applicable systems such as SAR Dashboard, CTR Dashboard, Regulatory List Dashboard, Risk Management Dashboard, Anti-Fraud Dashboard and Anti-Fraud Risk Management.
- Works in conjunction with appropriate staff to update form and compliance documents in enterprise risk mitigation systems.
- Represent Visions Federal Credit Union in grand jury and/or trials as needed.
- Participate in industry groups for job related functions.
- Review all applicable release notes to ensure system uptime and accuracy along with taking advantage of new features/functions.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner.
- All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our mission and core competencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Standard Essential Physical Functions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Daily requirements may include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to stand/walk up to 2 hours, sitting for up to 6 hours.
- Able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds.
- Typical manual dexterity for working with papers, files, keyboarding, etc.
- Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Due to the nature of this role in dealing with senior management and employees on an on-going basis, the position requires (and is not limited to):
- Familiar with the operation of all major credit union products, services and systems including, but not limited to, the loan origination system, the new account opening system, the mortgage LOS, DocuSign, related monitoring or mitigation systems, the digital banking platform(s), Patriot Officer, Guardian Officer, Enquirer Officer, and various local, state and federal systems for reporting and compliance.
- Strong decision-making ability using good judgement and critical thinking.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written) with strong analytical and skills to comprehend and clearly communicate information relating to technical and support issues in business terms.
- Efficient time management and organizational skills.
- Flexibility (able to adapt to changing environment), ability to constantly reprioritize.
- Positively communicate with diverse membership and/or employee population while providing excellent customer service.
- Strong computer skills, adherence to confidentiality and privacy policies, procedures, laws, and regulations, detail-oriented.
- Education & Experience: We pride ourselves in our advocacy for education, growth, and opportunity for experience at Visions Federal Credit Union. This position would minimally require an Associate degree in financial areas or customer service. Five years of financial institution experience and some lending experience required, including familiarity with consumer regulatory compliance. One or more years of credit union experience required.
Usual Work Environment/Equipment Used: This position operates in a professional office environment, with expectation to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, PCs, Microsoft Office, etc.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required to perform work. Management retains the right to add or remove responsibilities at its discretion. The above job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Visions FCU may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Employees are equally subjected to all policies and procedures of the company per the employee handbook.
EEOC & Affirmative Action Statement: Equal Employment Opportunity for all persons is a fundamental goal and policy of Visions Federal Credit Union. Visions recognizes and reaffirms Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, New York’s Human Rights Law and Credit Union regulations that there shall be no discrimination against qualified applicants or employees on the basis, of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, handicap, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law. It is the duty of Visions Federal Credit Union to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To watch Visions' Employer Spotight video and to learn more about the company click here.