Member Service Representative
Position Purpose/Summary: Provides exceptional member service by performing transactions and adherence to exceptional service expectations from Trusted Advisor training. Receives and processes counter transactions with an emphasis on accuracy, refers members to credit union products and services with an emphasis on loans and performs follow-up calls and letters. Maintains equipment and files necessary to keep accurate records. Performs clerical duties pertaining to applications of new members and provides information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Process financial transactions promptly and accurately
- Adhere to all credit union policies and procedures
- Prioritize members demands
- Provide impeccable customer service
- Communicate professionally with all members and colleagues
- Uphold understanding of all offered products and services (with ability to appropriate refer members to other staff as needed)
- Thorough understanding of company systems and procedures
- Rotate to perform branch duties to include, but not limited to, opening, closing, ordering of supplies, assisting all employees, etc.
- Adhere to all aspects of the Privacy Act. Assure that all members’ confidential information is secured and/or properly destroyed daily.
- Must be Product Certified and able to complete all assigned educational courses and Product Certification tests, within required timeframes with passing scores.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner.
- All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our mission and core competencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Standard Essential Physical Functions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Daily requirements may include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to stand/walk up to 2 hours, sitting for up to 6 hours
- Able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds
- Typical manual dexterity for working with papers, files, keyboarding, etc.
- Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Due to the nature of this role in dealing with members on an on-going basis, the position requires (and is not limited to):
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility (able to adapt to changing environment)
- Positively communicate with diverse membership population while providing excellent customer service
- Strong computer and math skills, adherence to confidentiality, detail-oriented
Education & Experience: We pride ourselves in our advocacy for education, growth, and opportunity for experience at Visions Federal Credit Union. This position would minimally require a high school education, with preference for a certificate or degree in financial areas or customer service.
Usual Work Environment/Equipment Used: This position operates in a professional office environment, with expectation to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, PCs, Microsoft Office, etc.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required to perform work. Management retains the right to add or remove responsibilities at its discretion. The above job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Visions FCU may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Employees are equally subjected to all policies and procedures of the company per the employee handbook.
EEOC & Affirmative Action Statement: Equal Employment Opportunity for all persons is a fundamental goal and policy of Visions Federal Credit Union. Visions recognizes and reaffirms Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, New York’s Human Rights Law and Credit Union regulations that there shall be no discrimination against qualified applicants or employees on the basis, of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, handicap, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law. It is the duty of Visions Federal Credit Union to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- High School or better.
To watch Visions' Employer Spotight video and to learn more about the company click here.