Contact Center Advisor
Position Purpose/Summary: The Contact Center Advisor will interact with current and prospective members through use of Contact Center delivery systems with the goal of establishing, building and/or enhancing business relationships. Assist Contact Center team in attaining and exceeding established member service goals. This includes, but is not limited to, cross-sales of credit union products / services, minimizing member wait times, providing superior credit union services to members in a professional and efficient manner, maintaining high levels of member satisfaction and service quality, expanding credit union member base by using effective sales techniques. Conduct basic and highly complex account transactions and requests that require great attention to detail and adherence to credit union policy and procedure, security and safety practices as well as compliance with state and federal regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, interviewing loan applicants, processing loan applications, disbursing loan proceeds, performing, share to share transfers, new account openings, account closures, death claim processing, debit/credit card maintenance, wire transfers and ach originations. This position may require a candidate to be bi-lingual in Spanish/English.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities align with Visions Federal Credit Union and are subject to reform at-will of the company. Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Inform members of Credit Union loan products and generate loan production to meet department and individual loan goals. Prepare documentation necessary for a loan decision by authorized personnel, utilizing DocuSign as needed to complete applications.
- Interview members by telephone to acquire complete and accurate credit applications. Assist members with their credit needs and decision by providing them with knowledge of the various loan programs available.
- Process all loan applications (phone and online), skip-a-payments and other miscellaneous loan requests received through all Contact Center delivery channels and mail.
- Prepare documentation necessary for a loan decision by authorized personnel. Including obtaining appropriate and accurate application and supporting documentation for loan applications and verifying information as directed by policy or by E-Commerce Solutions Manager.
- Inform member of loan decision.
- Disburse Loan Proceeds. Activities include data-entry of loans on system; assure that all necessary documents are completed and witnessed; re-check that all documents needed to perfect liens on loan collateral are complete.
- Must obtain notary license and perform duties of a Notary as requested.
- Meet all goals of the 6x6 Quantitative reports.
Member Account Assistance:
- Promptly and professionally service in-bound calls, following established Contact Center interaction standards, from internal and external membership regarding account details, transactions, product information and service options that include restricting debit/credit card access, wire transfers and ACH Originations.
- Conduct outbound business calls with a focus of seeking out opportunities to recommend applicable business partner solutions to membership.
- Open, close and perform applicable maintenance on depository accounts that include but are not limited to Savings, Checking certificate accounts, IRA’s, etc.
- Follow member identification requirements as outlined in department and credit union policy and procedure in support of properly securing member information which includes but is not limited to performing OFAC, ChexSystems, IDA and CIP name checks for new accounts and new joint owners being added to any account.
- Analyze, identify, research and solve complex problems/issues by collection, sorting and weighing of outcomes in support of creating positive experience while ensuring mitigation of risk. If needed, escalating concerns to appropriate level of management.
- Adhere to established Contact Center performance indicators including, but not limited to, adherence to schedule, abandoned calls, and quality monitoring scores.
- Conduct effective needs-based cross-selling during member interactions, making applicable product and service recommendations in support of department and individual goal attainment.
- Demonstrate a willingness and initiative to “take charge” in the timely and complete resolution of member complaints, problems, questions, and errors by directly answering standard and/or technical product questions (taking advantage of sales opportunities) and taking responsibility/ownership for the members perception of the credit union by referring unresolved issues to appropriate persons.
- Must be Product Certified and able to complete all assigned educational courses and Product Certification tests, within required timeframes with passing scores.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner.
- All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our mission and core competencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to stand/walk up to 2 hours, sitting for up to 6 hours
- Able to lift/carry up to 10 pounds
- Typical manual dexterity for working with papers, files, keyboarding, etc.
- Minimal travel may be required for this position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Efficient time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility (able to adapt to changing environment)
- Positively communicate with diverse membership population while providing excellent customer service
- Strong computer and math skills, adherence to confidentiality, detail-oriented
- Working knowledge of Credit Union product and service offerings preferred.
Usual Work Environment/Equipment Used: This position operates in a professional office environment, with expectation to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, ATM, coin machine and cash recycler along with filing cabinets and fax machines, PCs, Microsoft Office, etc.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required to perform work. Management retains the right to add or remove responsibilities at its discretion. The above job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Visions FCU may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Employees are equally subjected to all policies and procedures of the company per the employee handbook.
EEOC & Affirmative Action Statement: Equal Employment Opportunity for all persons is a fundamental goal and policy of Visions Federal Credit Union. Visions recognizes and reaffirms Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, New York’s Human Rights Law and Credit Union regulations that there shall be no discrimination against qualified applicants or employees on the basis, of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, handicap, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law law. It is the duty of Visions Federal Credit Union to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To watch Visions' Employer Spotight video and to learn more about the company click here.