Business Performance Technical Analyst (Sign-On Bonus)
Position Purpose/Summary: Under direction of the BP Technical and Data Analysis Manager, focuse on all data processing functions relating specifically to designing and programming systems with special emphasis on designing applications for Credit Union needs. Responsible for thorough testing and complete documentation of all programs. Evaluate and modify existing programs as required and ensures completeness and accuracy of testing that program and its documentation. Document and evaluate Credit Union core business processes, enabling and governing processes and subprocesses. Work with Process Owners on business “process re-engineering”. Manage and assist in implementation of business process reengineering and Business Performance projects. Reengineering will involve review of all enterprise-wide processes to streamline, reduce inefficiency and improve member service. Work closely with BP Technical and Data Analysis Manager and other Business Performance staff on project re-engineering review and makes recommendation(s) to department’s heads for implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: All duties and responsibilities align with Visions Federal Credit Union and are subject to reform at-will of the company. Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Analyze new and existing systems and make recommendations on methods and techniques to be used. Upon approval of appropriate management, responsible to carry out software development and enhancement, ensuring thorough testing occurs, data integrity is maintained, and documentation standards are strictly adhered to.
- Self-motivated to seek out and identify areas to be targeted for efficiency re-engineering; Research IT systems, Symitar infrastructure, and other analysis tools to be used in process reengineering and Business Performance initiatives and make recommendations to Senior Management.
- Manage cross-functional projects to implement Business Performances and reengineering solutions.
- Work with Process Owners and other Credit Union staff to develop and/or enhance process metrics.
- Document and evaluate Credit Union core business processes, enabling and governing processes and sub-processes.
- Ability to use non-verbal, visually presented materials, including numeric data in various numbers bases (decimal, hexadecimal, binary) and symbols. This includes, but is not limited to, decimal and hexadecimal computer output and programming language syntax.
- Assist with the installation, customization, and integration of purchased software systems to meet the Credit Union's requirements. Such as, but are not limited to, application servers based on Microsoft Windows or Unix/AIX, database servers, ATMs or other specialized server and terminal devices.
- Working knowledge of online transaction processing concepts, programming techniques, and financial industry electronic systems.
- Responsible for all phases of system development life cycle for small-scale projects. Define user requirements, develop software specifications, estimate development effort, create implementation plans, develop software, create and document thorough test scripts, document software and systems, conduct user training and perform software problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Thorough understanding of technology, quality tools and process design; think “creatively” when formulating enhancements to existing processes; able to discover and fix errors in code; advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Minitab.
- Must be adaptable to changes in the work environment, comfortable with multiple competing demands and able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events in a calm and logical manner.
- All employees must embrace and foster an environment that supports our mission and core competencies.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Standard Essential Physical Functions: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Daily requirements may include (but are not limited to):
- Ability to stand/walk as needed, sitting for majority of day.
- Able to lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
- Manual dexterity for working with papers, files, various office machines, keyboarding, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Minimal travel may be required for this position.
Essential Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Due to the nature of this role in dealing with senior management and employees on an on-going basis, the position requires (and is not limited to):
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; Efficient time management and organizational skills; Flexibility (able to adapt to changing environment)
- Ability to use and/or learn variety of software as required for job/position and to write queries, stored procedures and create tables within SQL
- Competence in object-oriented programming, SQL or Web Based technologies
- Positively communicate with diverse employee population while providing excellent customer service
- Advanced computer and math skills, adherence to confidentiality, detail-oriented
Education & Experience: We pride ourselves in our advocacy for education, growth, and opportunity for experience at Visions Federal Credit Union. This position would minimally require an undergraduate degree in systems programming/engineering, technology, and/or related combination of demonstrated skills and experience. Minimum two years’ experience in project management, quality, and/or business performance, preferably in the financial services industry. Quality or Lean Six Sigma experience preferred.
Usual Work Environment/Equipment Used: This position operates in a professional office environment, with expectation to use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines, PCs, Microsoft Office, etc.
Disclaimer: The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required to perform work. Management retains the right to add or remove responsibilities at its discretion. The above job description does not constitute a contract of employment and Visions FCU may exercise its employment-at-will rights at any time. Employees are equally subjected to all policies and procedures of the company per the employee handbook.
EEOC & Affirmative Action Statement: Equal Employment Opportunity for all persons is a fundamental goal and policy of Visions Federal Credit Union. Visions recognizes and reaffirms Title VII of the Federal Civil Rights Act of 1964, New York’s Human Rights Law and Credit Union regulations that there shall be no discrimination against qualified applicants or employees on the basis, of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, age, handicap, disability, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, or any other class protected by federal, state, or local law law. It is the duty of Visions Federal Credit Union to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
To watch Visions' Employer Spotight video and to learn more about the company click here.