Are you a Service Technician looking to work independently and advance your career?
Leonard Bus Sales is seeking a Service Technician / Fleet Service Technician
in the Laurens, NY area.
Come join the team at Leonard Bus Sales, a family-owned dealership and recognized leader in the distribution and support of quality school buses in New York who is looking for immediate hire of an automotive or diesel technician.
- Work on well-maintained vehicles in a clean, well-lit facility
- Monday through Friday work schedule
- Weekly pay
- Paid on the job training and certification
- Opportunity for technician advancement
- Paid time off available after your first day
- Great benefit package and competitive pay
- Tool, boot, and safety glass allowances provided to all technicians
- CDL reimbursement
- Salary: $21.00 - $28.21 Hourly
- Up to $2,000 referral bonus
Minimum Requirements of the position are:
- Provides on-site technical assistance, examining buses to determine malfunctions and repairs required and notifies supervisors of needed repair.
- Prepares buses for NYS Department of Transportation inspections and customer daily use.
- Performs vehicle and component diagnosis, testing, repair, rebuild, and replacement as required and assigned; including but not limited to diesel, gas and propane engines and related components, transmissions, brake systems, steering, suspension, cooling systems, wheel chair lifts, electrical, lighting, and safety systems, pneumatic, hydraulic, and air systems, and on-board diagnostics.
Certifications or Licenses Required:
- High school diploma or equivalent, supplemented by appropriate technical courses and related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Basic diesel engine knowledge, preferably with International and/or Cummins engines
- Computer proficiency in web-based programs and applications, Microsoft Office Suite applications and related departmental software, to include researching and looking up information.
- Experience using diagnostic computer systems.
More than great buses, your partner and trusted advisor.
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License (with the proper endorsements) for New York State or for the state of residence, which must be maintained throughout employment – OR- ability to obtain said license within company guidelines.
- DOT medical certificate must be maintained throughout employment.