2023 HYPE Awards Nomination- YP Nomination Form
The HYPE Awards recognize young professionals who demonstrate success in their career, industry and in making a positive change in the Greater Binghamton community.
Judges will base their decisions on the following categories: Leadership, Professional Achievement, Community Service, Impact, and Integrity.
· Under the age of 35 as of the event – July 13, 2023
· Must currently work at a company based in Greater Binghamton
· Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession.
· Contributes time and/or service to the community outside of their business or profession
Please read the category description carefully and the Guidelines for nomination on our website. Only information provided on this form will be considered.
*Note: The judging panel can only select finalists based on documentation provided.*
We'll be asking your nominee additional questions to help share more information about themselves.
This year’s Award categories are:
1. Business - a young professional who shows outstanding leadership in key functions for a company or their own business. Includes but is not limited to: entrepreneurs, roles in finance, operations, human resources, marketing, community development etc.
2. Creative - a young professional who brings their creativity to their workplace and community. Includes but not limited to: visual artists, performers, graphic designers, writers, art directors etc.
3. Education & Training - a young professional who provides instruction directly or administers programs that prepare students of today to become better leaders tomorrow. Includes but is not limited to: school teachers, career coaches, professors, professional trainers, etc.
4. Health & Wellness - a young professional who provides first-class support for mental, physical, spiritual, or emotional well-being to the population they serve. Includes but is not limited to: healthcare providers, coaches and trainers, fitness industry etc. (please also see non-profit category)
5. Law & Government - a young professional who exemplifies leadership, collaboration, and problem solving in their role in the government, a law firm, law enforcement or public sector job.
6. Non-profit - a young professional who is dedicated and passionate in furthering a particular social cause or advocating a shared point of view. Must work at a non-profit organization.
7. Service industry - a young professional who delivers an outstanding customer experience as a result of their hospitality or through their work. Includes but is not limited to: retail, restaurants, hotels & tourism roles.
8. Skilled Trades - a young professional excelling in an occupation that requires a special skill, knowledge or ability, usually obtained at a college, technical school or through specialized training. Includes but is not limited to: construction, machinery, transportation, warehousing etc.
9. STEM - a young professional leading impactful work in science, technology, engineering or mathematics fields. Includes but is not limited to: professionals in engineering, manufacturing or technology.
10. Mentor to a YP - a person (any age) who intentionally develops relationships with and invests in young professionals by sharing expertise and insight needed to grow successfully in their career and personally. As a result of this person, there are more economic, social and civic leaders in Greater Binghamton.
** Please Read** Mentor to a YP criteria:
- Mentor should live and/or work in Greater Binghamton
- No age requirement
- Submit nomination for them here: https://tinyurl.com/mpc5rf6c
The Greater Binghamton Chamber will recognize individuals with the 2023 HYPE Award at the HYPE Awards on Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 5:00pm.
For questions, contact Morgan White at firstname.lastname@example.org