HYPE Young Professional Awards - 2020 Nomination Form
The 2020 HYPE Awards will recognize young professionals who demonstrate success in their career, industry and in making a positive change in the Greater Binghamton community. Please submit nominations by Friday, October 2nd for consideration.
· Under the age of 40 as of the event – December 9th, 2020
· Must currently work at a company based in Greater Binghamton
· Demonstrates excellence, creativity, and initiative in their business or profession.
· Contributes time and/or service to the community outside of their business or profession
Please read the category description carefully. Only information provided on this form will be considered.
*Note: The judging panel can only select finalists based on documentation provided.”
This year’s Award categories are:
1. Business - a young professional who shows outstanding leadership in key functions for a company or their own business. Includes but is not limited to: entrepreneurs, roles in finance, operations, human resources, marketing, community development etc.
2. Creative - a young professional who brings their creativity to their workplace and community. Includes but not limited to: visual artists, performers, graphic designers, writers, art directors etc.
3. Education & Training - a young professional who provides instruction directly or administers programs that prepare students of today to become better leaders tomorrow. Includes but is not limited to: school teachers, career coaches, professors, professional trainers, etc.
4. Health & Wellness - a young professional who provides first-class support for mental, physical, spiritual, or emotional well-being to the population they serve. Includes but is not limited to: healthcare providers, coaches and trainers, fitness industry etc. (please also see non-profit category)
5. Law & Government - a young professional who exemplifies leadership, collaboration, and problem solving in their role in the government, a law firm, law enforcement or public sector job.
6. Non-profit - a young professional who is dedicated and passionate in furthering a particular social cause or advocating a shared point of view. Must work at a non-profit organization.
7. Service industry - a young professional who delivers an outstanding customer experience as a result of their hospitality or through their work. Includes but is not limited to: retail, restaurants, hotels & tourism roles.
8. Skilled Trades - a young professional excelling in an occupation that requires a special skill, knowledge or ability, usually obtained at a college, technical school or through specialized training. Includes but is not limited to: construction, machinery, transportation, warehousing etc.
9. STEM - a young professional leading impactful work in science, technology, engineering or mathematics fields. Includes but is not limited to: professionals in engineering, manufacturing or technology.
10. Mentor to a YP - a person (any age) who intentionally develops relationships with and invests in young professionals by sharing expertise and insight needed to grow successfully in their career and personally. As a result of this person, there are more economic, social and civic leaders in Greater Binghamton.
** Please Read** Mentor to a YP criteria:
- Mentor should live and/or work in Greater Binghamton
- No age requirement
- Submit nomination for them here: https://tinyurl.com/HYPEMentortoYP
The Greater Binghamton Chamber will recognize individuals with the 2020 HYPE Award at the HYPE Awards on Wednesday December 9, 2020.
For questions, contact Maya Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org