Eggs & Issues October 2018
The cost and quality of care resulting from a single-payer healthcare system is problematic. Despite these concerns:
- The Assembly has passed the New York Health Act four years in a row.
- This would create a universal single payer healthcare system in New York.
- November state elections may have an impact on the feasibility of passing in the Senate.
Join us at our next Eggs and Issues for as healthcare expert Bill Hammond from the Empire Center speaks on:
- How we got to this healthcare situation in NYS
- An overview of major NYS healthcare issues
- The impact and costs of single-payer
- Alternative healthcare solutions