Under general supervision, provide direct support in enabling individuals to achieve their vocational goals and provide clear communication with supervisory staff regarding the progress of their work plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide necessary orientation, training, supervision, and follow along services to assigned individuals at the work site. Implement treatment according to defined program objectives.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships with host company employees, referral agency representatives and all other personnel including the consumer and family to assure the necessary integration and coordination of service delivery to individuals.
- Responsible for training individuals to perform assigned work to best of their ability. Familiarizes individuals with their new work environment.
- Assist individuals in learning other new tasks such as organization, time management, professionalism and interpersonal relations.
- Help individuals work through issues that may arise on the job by using creating problem solving.
- Assist the Supported Employment individual to maintain employment stability.
- Submit documentation of all services provided for the month for billing purposes in a timely manner.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to organization policies and procedures.
- Timely and accurate documentation as required by Quality and Fiscal Standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of 2-4 years experience working with the developmentally disabled population.
- A combination of education and experience that meets or exceeds the standards of the program.
Qualifications and knowledge:
- Must have the ability to provide strong advocacy, problem-solving and negotiating skills, and the ability to foster positive relationships.
- Must obtain and maintain training as required by OPWDD.
- The ability to show initiative, motivation, creativity and ability to understand many areas of OPWDD requirements.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Excellent communication and language skills with the ability to take on roles and responsibilities on a pro-active basis.
- Must be confident with organizational ability and possess the capacity to multi-task.
- Proficient with Internet Explorer; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Word; and Windows Operating System.