Under general supervision, plans, directs, and evaluates total nursing care and functions in one department. The RN is responsible to assess and monitor medical concerns, provides nursing care to program participants and administers nursing care to ill, injured or disabled program participants.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Monitor and assess program participants' medical concerns.
• Provide routine and emergency nursing care to program participants.
• Complete all required documentation and reports according to program regulations, including program participants' medical reviews and charts.
• Relates effectively with others for continuity of care; maintains satisfactory relations with other departments and units; participates in all phases of education.
• Responsible for orientation, training and management of personnel in the areas of health and safety.
• Identifies problems and guides personnel to appropriate resources.
• Accurately and promptly implements physicians’ orders.
• Administers medications skillfully and correctly.
• Participates in safety programs.
• Enforces infection-control policies and procedures.
• Serves as a resource person on health issues.
• Provides staff development on health-related topics for staff and volunteers.
• Keeps supervisor informed of individual needs and problems.
• Assists in reviewing and revising medical policies and procedures.
• Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff.
• Review and act on Incident Reports.
• Advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention
• Performs other duties as assigned.