Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Test and evaluate patients' physical and mental abilities and analyze medical data to determine realistic rehabilitation goals for patients.
• Make professional recommendations on the basis of evaluation results, regarding the need for occupational therapy services.
• Establishes goals and objectives for each child, which are appropriate, functional, and measurable.
• Plans and implements appropriate treatment programs, based on the established goals and objectives, using sound treatment practices.
• Documents treatment sessions with goals, activities, response to treatment, and progress, in a clear, concise, and timely manner in daily notes/logs.
• Submits all reports and agency billing documentation of encounters, verifications, and time sheets, in a timely manner.
• Oversees assessment for, use of, and purchase (as necessary) of adaptive equipment/assistive technology as appropriate for the needs of each individual child, relating to fine motor movement/functional needs and activities of daily living (bath chairs, wheelchairs – with physical therapist, potty chairs, switch access, augmentative communication access, hand splints, adaptive utensils, cups, bowls, etc.). This includes contacting the vendor for collaboration and assistance, as necessary, writing the letter of medical justification for the purchase of equipment for home and/or school use, and follow-through with family/staff training.
• Provides ongoing training, in-services, education, and consultation to other team members and caregivers regarding treatment techniques, goals, and adaptive equipment use as needed.
• Supervises occupational therapy assistants, as needed, in a manner that complies with Education Law in meeting with and observing the Occupational therapy assistant on a regular basis to review treatment plans and to provide a professional collaboration in the development of treatment programs, as well as review of all paperwork.
• Assists with departmental responsibilities maintaining a safe, clean, organized, professional work environment both in the treatment areas and the office spaces. • Performs other duties as assigned.