If you possess competencies that fit our Core Values of being: Genuine, Honest, Sincere, Fair, Collaborative and Understanding – then join the team at GHS Federal Credit Union who has been proudly serving its membership since 1940. For 77-years, we have provided members with high quality products and service to fulfill our core mission of "people helping people".
The Community Development Officer is responsible for growing membership through engagement of prospective businesses/organizations as well as those in our field of membership. The Community Development Officer partners with leaders across the organization to facilitate activities that support GHS’ Mission, Vision and Brand promise. The Community Development Officer is also responsible for managing engagements with our strategic partnerships. He/she facilitates the partnership, assisting in the negotiation of the contract, facilitation of the activities, tracking membership growth obtained, and identifying opportunities to continuously improve the value of the investment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, coordinates and negotiates ongoing sponsorship opportunities and community event participation. Creates, cultivates and deepens strategic community partnerships. Represents GHS through participation in various community programs and ongoing networking.
- Fosters relationships with key officials in specific educational, community, non-profit, postal and SEG organizations with the goal of increasing credit union awareness and advocacy.
- Delivers credit union presentations and teaches financial literacy programs.
- Manages organization-wide Community Events calendar. Engages and motivates employees to participate and support community involvement. Collaborates with Branch Managers and Marketing to effectively promote credit union involvement and exposure within the community.
- Stays abreast of individual community trends and economic development changes. Tracks and measures event participation results. Makes recommendations to maximize return on future investments of events, sponsorships, philanthropic initiatives and donations.
- Communicates with Retail Branches regarding planned visits and prospecting efforts. Provides timely follow-up with member, employee, and other public inquiries regarding community involvement leads.
- Takes initiative to create a strategic action plan to achieve individual production goals. Provides monthly reports documenting sales results generated by business development and community relations efforts
- Perform professional presentations or demonstrations of GHS products/services while onsite.
- Penetrate all targeted accounts and radiate sales from within the client base.
- Overcome objections of prospective clients.
- Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for membership growth.
- Generate and develop new client accounts to increase revenue, by cold-calling if necessary.
- Ensure follow-up by passing information to other members of the sales team: calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, sources, etc.
- Always maintain professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray Ascend in a positive manner.
- Maintain accurate records of partner companies including statistics, contacts, and business development activities. Prepare status reports monthly.
- Track event engagement, spend and other activities. Use insights to inform decision making.
- Ensure accuracy of all documents, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, and other documentation.
- As a GHS Brand Ambassador, represent GHS at Chamber functions, community events, and other activities as necessary to effectively raise community awareness and secure growth opportunities.
- Act as the credit union’s liaison within defined markets and with key strategic partners to raise awareness of the Ascend brand and its products and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Performance will be measured on tangible measurable objectives noted above and as assigned as well as demonstrated skills and behaviors.
- Adherence and compliance with credit union procedures and policies and lending guidelines.
- Prompt friendly, personal and professional service to members, potential members and teammates. Make eye contact, smile, provide a welcome inviting greeting.
- Complete assigned training and other development activities, as assigned.
- Contribute to cohesive collaborative teamwork with all departments within.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality regarding credit union staff, member and business information.
- Prompt follow-up and responsiveness to internal and external contacts and inquiries. Demonstrate ownership and accountability of assignments and tasks.
- Demonstrate professionalism and professional speaking and writing skills. Maintain a business-like appearance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Proficient in use of personal computer, particularly word-processing and spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must be able to effectively use office machinery including a personal computer, telephone, calculator, and multifunction copier.
Experience: Minimum three years outside sales (business to business preferred) with a proven track record; or equivalent experience.
Education: Bachelors’ degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field preferred.
Interpersonal: This position involves contact with others inside and outside the organization and requires professionalism, courtesy, finesse, tact and diplomacy. This position requires the ability to engage and influence others by building rapport. Must demonstrate clear verbal and written communication.
Other Skills: Must present a high degree of poise and tact to represent the credit union in a professional and positive manner as well as a professional demeanor, selling style and appearance. Must possess a demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales goals. Must have strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices and techniques. Must work toward gaining a thorough knowledge of credit union operations, procedures, products, and philosophy. Must have strong problem identification and objection resolution skills. Must possess exceptional written, verbal, presentation and listening skills. Proficient in tracking performance and measuring results. Must be self-motivated with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm. Regular and reliable attendance is required. Length of workday may be unpredictable and may include overtime. Must have the flexibility to deal with unexpected events, and occasionally attend meetings and events that may occur outside of regularly scheduled work hours. Frequent travel is required. Possession of a valid, unrestricted driver’s license is required.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of the position, the employee is regularly required to stand or sit, use hands and arms to reach, and hands and fingers to feel. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear and communicate with others. The employee periodically stands, walk, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or squat and use the stairs.Employees must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Periodically lift and/or move 20 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: Employees are required to contribute to positive work environment and demonstrate the credit union brand of “The Relationship of a Lifetime” by demonstrating GHS Service Standards of customer focus with positivity, personal ownership and accountability, clear and positive communication and responsiveness. Collaboration, consistency, and respect, trust and demonstration of integrity are some of the professional behaviors regularly required.
This job description is intended to be a guide and may not be all encompassing or may amend/modify as business needs change.
GHS is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Outside Sales: 3 years (Required)
- Valid Drivers License (Required)