Senior Mechanical Engineer - Buildings
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparation of specific project proposals and resulting contracts, project implementation plans, resource planning, quality control and design review, project team review and coordination, client and financial management.
- May assist as Mechanical Engineering Lead overseeing the engineering & design of plumbing / fire protection / HVAC and other mechanical systems for new and renovated buildings.
- Mechanical engineering - Actual designs including the completion of code reviews, preparation of the basis of design, system calculations, mark-up of drawings, specification preparation, field investigations, construction estimating and site inspections and other such design as required to execute the mechanical construction for new or renovated buildings.
- May perform Project Manager duties as needed.
- Some travel to site locations or other Stantec offices may be required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Registered PE in the state of New York desired, registration in other states a plus
- Must have strong Mechanical Engineering skills in the area of Plumbing, Fire Protection, HVAC and related mechanical systems
- Prior management experience is a plus
- Prior consulting engineering experience is required
- Experience using AutoCAD, Revit, Trane Trace or eQuest is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 8 – 12 years' experience is required
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: United States-New York-Endicott
Employee Status: Regular