The position is responsible for gaining expertise with existing product lines and to assist customer engineering at various levels to ensure high level of equipment availability is maintained at various customer sites. Working with Mechanical, electrical and process engineering, the product engineer will also play an important role in creating new products and associated documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Create and maintain cause-effect diagrams, fault tree analyses and other six sigma tools and techniques to support existing product lines and as a part of the New Product Development (NPD) process.
• Assist in developing, tracking and reporting changes to New Product Development timelines
• Work within a multidisciplinary team to develop and maintain Corrective and Preventative Action procedures for various existing products in full compliance with local and state pharmacy board guidelines.
• Assist customer service and field engineers with training of new customers and other general go-live activities.
• Collaborate with data analysts to generate monthly reports on existing product performance; escalate and drive Corrective and Preventative Action at the discretion of senior engineers and management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
• Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
The Product Engineer does not have any supervisory responsibilities beyond being a product lead.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering and one to three years of experience. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES AND SOFTWARE USED:
Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to utilize a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator. Specialty Equipment: Computer Software: Ability to utilize word processing, spreadsheet software, presentation software, Visio, MS Project, MS SQL.
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Planning or directing fairly complex work methods or operations that obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product.
PHYSICIAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to reach, sit, push, pull, lift, use fingers, grasp, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions. Ability to exert up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: None: There is no exposure to adverse environmental conditions (such as in a typical office or administrative work).