Electrical Engineer Technician
Perform processes to build, assemble and wire proto types, pneumatic and electrical/electronic equipment mechanisms and equipment for RDS and Retail Robot in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Design and build control systems for testing sub-assemblies. Develop test procedures with repeatable and reliable results
• Troubleshoot and repair mechanical and electronic equipment.
• Maintains technical documentation; writes technical reports and develops charts, graphs, and schematics to describe and illustrate system's operating characteristics, malfunctions, and deviations from design specifications.
• Design and build working protype models. Program PLC controllers to perform specific tasks
• Drives continuous improvement for all Customer Service implementation and activities while upholding the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision.
The Electrical Engineering Technician does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Possession of an Bachelor Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and one to three years of experience in a technical or related field. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES AND SOFTWARE USED:
Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to utilize a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator. Computer Software: Ability to utilize wordprocessing and spreadsheet software, presentation software, accounting software
MENTAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
Close mental and visual attention required for controlling machines or processes at a rapid pace requiring close coordination and fine adjustment. Planning or directing fairly complex work methods or operations that obtain size, shape, or physical qualities of product.
PHYSICIAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
Ability to stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, sit, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, use fingers, grasp, feel, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions. Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: None: There is no exposure to adverse environmental conditions (such as in a typical office or administrative work). Occupational hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat, exposure to chemicals, exposure to serious injury (e.g. crushed fingers, extensive burns, broken bones).