Civil Engineer III
Hulbert Engineering and Land Surveying, DPC is currently seeking a professional Level III Civil Engineer to work on commercial, educational, local municipal, state government and FEMA funded civil design projects.
The preferred candidate should possess civil/site engineering experience, to include: design of streets; design of site grading plans and erosion, sedimentation, and pollution control plans; floodplain studies with FEMA approval; pavement design; design of stormwater management systems and water quality best practices; design of sanitary sewerage systems, conducting code research, writing specifications, obtaining permitting, and construction cost estimating.
Work is performed under minimal supervision and may include managing/supervising the activities or one or more subordinates. Assignments require evaluative thinking and are carried out in accordance with company and industry best practices and policies.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Independently applying a thorough and diversified knowledge of civil engineering and project management principles and practices to multiple types of planning, design, and construction projects.
- Reviewing preliminary and final plans, drawings and specifications to ensure conformance with sound engineering practices, applicable codes and regulations.
- Participating and presenting recommendations and comments to project owner and internal review boards.
- Representing project owner at public hearings, meetings, and conferences as assigned.
- Maintaining communication and cooperation with owner, contractors, consultants, and representatives of County, State, and Federal agencies.
- Analyzing and providing professional input to help resolve difficult design issues.
- Analyzing or planning that may reduce costs of construction or operations.
- Developing general facilities planning documents, such as the Five-Year Capital Improvement Programs; developing work scopes for consultants, reviewing product details; supervising and participating in data compilation, report writing and project mapping.
- Acting as project engineer for both small and large-scale projects and preparing periodic reports on the status of those projects.
- Confirming adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress, inspecting construction site, verifying calculations and placements and documenting existing conditions using field notes, sketches and photography.
- Planning, assigning and reviewing the work of lower level professional and technical personnel engaged in a variety of project tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of civil engineering theory, principles and practices as applied to the preparation of plans, specifications, estimates and designs for a variety of commercial, educational, and public works engineering projects.
- Knowledge of highway and structure design as well as erosion and sediment control and stormwater management policies and procedures.
- Strong construction project management skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MicroStation, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Office Suite software (Word, Excel, Project, Outlook) and the ability to learn new programs (Newforma Project Center).
- Ability to prepare technical forms, reports, and other correspondence.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and developers, consultant architects and engineers, contractors, and the public.
Education, experience, and licensing:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of experience in site design (commercial and industrial) and highway design.
- Preference will be given to those candidates who currently hold a NYS Professional Engineer's license or EIT Certification.
- Possession of a valid Class "C" non-commercial driver's license.
Full-time career opportunity. Compensation based on experience. Variety and opportunity for advancement. A competitive benefits package, which includes paid holidays, personal, sick, and vacation pay, healthcare insurance, life insurance, retirement plans and tax deferred programs.
Apply on our website: http://hulberteng-ls.com/contact-us/career-opportunities-122.html