Avionics Software Engineer
Kenexa Req # 1306BR
Job Type Regular Full-time
Clearance Required Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance
Clearance able to obtain Secret
ENSCO Avionics, Inc. has exciting opportunities for software engineers to join our safety critical development and verification team in Endicott, NY. You will be part of the team that supports development, verification, and certification activities for major avionics platforms.
• Some formal academic/technical training; minimum 6 months' relevant experience
• Hands-on work experience with C/C++ and/or Ada
• Familiar with DO-178 (Software Considerations in Airborne Systems and Equipment Certification) and formal Requirement Based Testing (RBT)
Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Candidate must be a self-starter and work well in a process oriented team environment
• High level of professionalism, work ethic, and attention to detail and quality
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance for which you must be a U.S. Citizen. You will not be considered if you do not meet this requirement.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or another technical software discipline; such as Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering.
• Training or background in Embedded Software Development • Avionics verification experience
• Experience using VectorCast or other verification tools (LDRA, RTRT, SCADE, Simulink, etc.)
• Experience with low level and/or integration testing
• Experience developing and testing to DO-178 standards • Experience using data flow diagrams (SCADE, MATLAB, SIMULINK)
Education/Years of Experience
Some formal academic/technical training; minimum 6 months' relevant experience
Location Endicott, NY 13760 US (Primary)
Export Control and Licensing None
U.S. Citizenship Required Yes
Background Check 7-year
Drug Screen None
ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply, click the below link or copy and paste in your browser: https://ensco.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/24