Avionics Firmware Engineer
Clearance able toobtain
ENSCO Avionics, Inc. has an exciting opportunity for a Hardware Engineer with experience in full life cycle development for Avionics DO-254 Firmware and digital design systems in Endicott, NY. Initial work will be requirements through integration of VHDL coded FPGA devices. Tasks will include generation of PLD requirements, verification plans, VHDL source code review, internal timing analysis, test bench design, simulation verification, hardware test procedures, and associated drawings and documentation. Responsibilities include providing technical contributions and guidance on embedded DO-254 process compliance, developing DO-254 project planning documents and HW Life Cycle artifacts, developing verification technical solutions, approaches and levels of effort estimates, and effectively communicating with project leadership, ENSCO Avionics management and the customer to assure technical and quality expectations are satisfied.
• Some formal academic/technical training; minimum 6 months' relevant experience
• Hands-on work experience with hardware description languages (such as VHDL or Verilog)
• Experience with Xilinx FPGA (field-programmable gate array) design and development
• Candidate must be a self-starter and work well in a process oriented team environment
• High level of professionalism, work ethic, and attention to quality
• Familiar with requirement based testing
• Must be a U.S. Citizen Desired Skills
• Configuration Management and version control experience with tools such as IBM® Rational® DOORS® (Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System), Apache Subversion (often abbreviated SVN), etc.
• Avionics or similar Safety Critical verification field
• Training or background in Firmware Development
• Experience using HDL Synthesis/Simulation for testing (eg. ModelSim/Questa, Synplicity, etc.)
• Experience with FPGA/HW Architecture
• Familiarity with DO-254 (Design Assurance Guidance For Airborne Electronic Hardware) and related design analyses
Education/Years of Experience
Some formal academic/technical training; minimum 6 months' relevant experience
Location Endicott, NY 13760 US (Primary)
Export Control and Licensing
U.S. Citizenship Required
Engineering ENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.
To apply, click the below link or copy and paste in your browser: https://ensco.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/28