• Provide medically accurate information pertaining to STD / HIV transmission, pregnancy, and birth control options, including condom use and demonstration. Able to be stationed at sites to work with youth in small groups, possibly one-on-one for mentoring and referral. Be familiar with local resources to refer youth to.
• Work with the DYS to advise and assist school districts and health and human service agencies to ensure timely and quality facilitation of requested programs.
• Provide outreach and education on the benefits of pregnancy prevention programs across South Central New York. Serve as staff and agency liaison to designated community coalitions.
• Assist with the planning and implementation of special projects for youth services and assist with other M&BPN projects as necessary. Experience and ability to work with members of the community (both professional and consumer).
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Specialization in adolescent health and/or community health education, sexuality education
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher).