Summer 1:1 Aides
Position Overview: Under the general supervision of the Special Education Teacher, perform routine classroom assignments for the designated child.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Assist with daily classroom activities and routines including facilitating and monitoring interactions of designated child.
• Assist with implementation of designated child’s individual goals/objectives. Assist designated child with acquisition of self-help skill and personal hygiene.
• Ensure a safe environment for the designated child in the classroom, playground, and on trips.
• Assist in moving designated child to and from the waiting room and bus/van loading and unloading.
• Assist in preparing for daily snack for designated child.
• Assist in cleaning up the child’s adaptive equipment and performing designated assignments as directed.
• Attend team meetings and parent meetings as per the discretion of the Special Education Teacher.
• Assists in other duties as needed and directed.