Help Desk Technician
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Using self-developed, available tools, experience, and judgement, analyzes and determines if equipment is defective and needs to be returned for service. If defective, issues proper RMA to customer.
• Consults customers on installation of new/replacement equipment and software upgrades to ensure satisfaction.
• Interface with Innovation Associates Customer Support, Customer Engineering, and Counting Technology to obtain technical assistance, to coordinate return of defective components and coordinate shipment of replacement components.
• Records all call related information, performs analysis and reporting as requested in a timely, accurate and concise manner.
• Drives continuous improvement for all Customer Service implementation and activities while upholding the highest standards of quality and professionalism.
• Maintains a broad knowledge of computer technology, equipment, and systems. Participates in group, as well as independent projects and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to focus on the details of the work requirement to fulfill the requested work in a timely and efficient manner
• Ability to work within time and budget constraints
• Ability to analyze and solve problems
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
• Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
• Excellent attention to detail
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Prefer MicroSoft SQL Server experience
The Help Desk Specialist does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
Possession of an Associates Degree in Technology preferred, and one to three years of experience in customer service or technical-related field. Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES AND SOFTWARE USED:
Basic Equipment and Machinery: Ability to utilize a computer, printer, copier, facsimile machine, telephone, and calculator. Knowledge of hand and power tool operation. Computer Software: Ability to utilize MicroSoft Office Suite, Windows operating systems and utilities, and the PharmASSIST suite of software tools.
PHYSICIAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
or extended periods, the ability to reach, sit, push, pull, bend, squat, work overhead or on knees, use fingers, talk, hear, and perform repetitive motions. Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a 20 pounds frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat, exposure to chemicals, and exposure to serious injury (e.g. crushed fingers, extensive burns, and broken bones).