The Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce (GBCC) is a nonprofit organization with over 800 business and nonprofit members, serving the region of Broome County, New York. We help organizations of all sizes connect, collaborate, and succeed through education, advocacy, networking, and community involvement. Our aim is to support the existing local business community and the attraction of new businesses to the region through member-driven programs and services, the development of strategic community partnerships and effective political advocacy. We help to provide organizations with the tools, resources, and an environment for success, empowering growth.
The Talent Initiatives and YP (Young Professional) Project Coordinator is an entry-level position responsible for the support of the implementation of the GBCC’s talent development initiatives and programs. The goal is to support the development, retention and attraction of a qualified regional labor force, with a strong focus on working with Young Professionals, which leads to the success and growth of the regional economy. The position works with employers, regional partners and education on developing strategies and programs to build and strengthen our current and future workforce.
• Collaborate with the Young Professional Alliance committee to develop and maintain programming and initiatives related to the attraction and retention of young professionals including, but not limited to, the Young Professionals Summit, a YP recognition event, and an internship retention program
• Coordinate Broome Women Lead events
• Assist in the planning and execution of leadership trainings and programs
• Facilitate communication with businesses on Experience Bing, a talent attraction program
• Assist in the implementation of a communication strategy for all Talent and Education programs and initiatives, including website, articles, press releases and any other promotional materials
• Manage community requests for education and talent development information and partnerships
• Assist in the day-to-day operations of a non-profit
• Assist in other GBCC and GBEOP programming as needed
• Associate degree in relevant field required (Project Management, Event Planning, Marketing, etc).
• 2 years’ experience with event planning or project management preferred
• 2 years’ experience in an office environment preferred
• Highly motivated and organized with strong attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and internet research
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including weekend and/or evenings as required by events
• Experience working with diverse groups of partners, donors and volunteers
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and an ability to prioritize projects
• Ability to professionally advocate on behalf of the Chamber, GBEOP and stated objectives
Position is full-time, hourly, includes company 401k contribution, paid holidays, personal time and vacation, also includes health insurance, dental insurance, long-term and short-term disability and life insurance.
How to apply:
• Submit a current resume and cover letter, addressed to Jennifer Conway at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Individuals will be invited for an interview on a rolling basis until the position is filled