This position is responsible for providing professional and efficient administrative support to the department Director/Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general office duties, such as answering phones, greeting visitors, ordering supplies, maintaining records management database systems, various logs, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Perform administrative tasks such as typing, filing, mailings, proofreading and data entry.
- Prepare memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Timely response to requests for information, service, and assistance.
- Maintains confidentiality of organization fiscal, personnel and consumer related information.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to organization policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 2 years experience with administrative/secretarial support.
Qualifications and knowledge:
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Good communication and language skills with the ability to take up roles and responsibilities on a pro-active basis. Must be confident with organizational ability and possess the capacity to multi-task.
- Proficient with Internet Explorer; Microsoft Excel; Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft Word; and Windows Operating System.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Work involves sitting most of the time. Walking and standing are required only occasionally
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Fingering is required regularly for typing and the use of hands in a repetitive motion.
- Regularly required to talk and hear with the ability to exchange and receive detailed information.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus to perform activities such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screens.
- Working conditions of this position do not substantially expose workers to adverse environmental conditions and are typical of an indoor work environment.